There may be times that you apply to a task but are not selected. There are cases where the Customer’s need for filling that role to complete the task has already been met, and they simply don’t need any more Taskers for that role. The number and quantity of tasks change daily, so be sure to check the app frequently for new roles and view the below tips. There can be many reasons for this, including each task having multiple applicants. We are working on adding more tasks and Customers to the platform to help with this.
What should I do if I am not selected?
- Make sure you have a professional profile picture. View this article to see how to take an awesome picture for your profile!
- Update your Profile Message! Think of your profile message as a cover letter. Why should they pick you? What are your strengths? Do you have great attention to detail and are always on time? These are great things to put here. See the example provided.
- Make sure you are providing a good experience for the Customer. Make sure that you provide more than 6 hours if you must cancel or can’t make it to a task. Frequent late cancellations or no-showing a task can not only cause breaches on your account but can discourage a Customer from selecting you for tasks in the future.
- Make sure you accept any Private Offers. There are times when Customers will send out offers to taskers in their area. They are private offers that can be accepted or declined. If you are not interested in these tasks, you can simply decline them, and they will be removed from your tasks. If you accept a private offer, that means you are Scheduled to work, and failure to do so will result in a breach of your account.
- Adjust your filters. Make sure you remove any filters that may be preventing you from seeing all of the available tasks in your area. Also, check to make sure you have your radius set to 50 miles to increase your search. These filters will appear at the top of the screen when selecting the “Explore” button located at the bottom of the app.
What should you Avoid?
- Never call the Customer in an attempt to see why you were not selected. This is unprofessional conduct.
- Never go to a task's location in an attempt to meet with management about being selected. Again This is unprofessional conduct.
- Avoid Texting the Customer in an attempt to discuss being selected for a task. This is considered unprofessional conduct.
- Never work on a task that you are not scheduled for! View this article to learn more.
How do I know if I am scheduled?
Make sure you turn on your notifications! Click 👉 here to learn how! When a Tasker is offered a Task by a Customer, you will receive a push notification (if notifications are on); you will also receive an in-app notification and see a red dot beside the Tasks tab at the bottom of their screen. You will receive several notifications within the app itself. It will notify you when you are:
- Two hours before the tasks start time
- If you haven't marked On The Way 30 minutes before the tasks start time