What is Occupational Accident Insurance (OAI)?
Occupational Accidental Insurance (OAI) insures independent contractors for covered injuries that happen in connection to tasks on the Hyer application. OAI provides benefits for medical expenses, disability, loss of life, survivor payments, dismemberment, and paralysis for Covered Injuries directly caused by an occupational accident.
What benefits are included in Occupational Accident insurance?
If you become injured while performing on-demand services on the Hyer platform you may be eligible for the following benefits:
- Accident Medical Expense: to a maximum of $1,000,000
- Temporary Total Disability Benefits: to a maximum of $500 a week
- Accidental Death: to a maximum of $50,000
- Survivors Benefit: to a maximum of $150,000
- Accidental Dismemberment: to a maximum of $200,000
For a detailed Explanation of Coverage including benefits, terms, limitations, and exclusions, please contact Hyer Customer Support at email@example.com.
Does Occupational Accident insurance cover third party injuries or property damage(s)?
No. Occupational Accident insurance does not cover any injuries to a third party or property damage(s).
What do I do if I get injured?
If you become injured while performing on-demand services when on the Hyer platform, an Occupational Accident insurance claim will need to be reported immediately.
To report the claim, you can do either of the following:
1. Report it online at this link: Online Occupational Accident Insurance Claim
2. Call the OneBeacon claims call center at 1-877-441-6274 --24 hours a day, seven days a week. You will be asked to provide your policy number during the call. Please use: 216-002-364
If your injuries require immediate medical attention, please go directly to the nearest hospital for medical treatment or call 911.